The innovation should be shown to have a quantifiable benefit, both actual and projected, against key performance indicators for the applicant organisation. For example (but not limited to):
- Development of a new market (e.g. for a start-up).
- Growth in sales / increase throughout.
- Reduction in cost, energy use or waste.
- Reduction in delivery times.
- Increase in customer / client satisfaction.
- Increase in staff efficiency and satisfaction.
Applications should give a clear description of the innovation and its background, including how ‘open innovation’ and collaboration may have been relevant, and showing a plan for continued implementation and development. The judges will balance the scale and ambition of the innovation with the size, scope and maturity of the business.
Evidence in support of the application is welcome, including: marketing material, brochures, images, website links, case studies, and testimonials.